Skip navigation
shelbywill
Currently Being Moderated

I cannot convert large psa file

Feb 16, 2013 3:47 PM

Tags: #photoshop_album_3.2 #upgrade_to_elements_11

I have two catalogs created in Photoshop Album 3.2 and I downloaded Elements 11 and had no difficulty finding and converting the smaller file, but the function will not display the larger file to be selected for conversion.    Is size the problem, and if so, how can I cope?

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 16, 2013 4:16 PM   in reply to shelbywill

Sometimes catalog conversion fails. It’s often a question of needing full permission settings and the easiest way to make it work is as an administrator directly from the desktop which bypasses the welcome screen background processes.
    Make a shortcut for organizer as follows:
    On Windows right-click anywhere on the desktop and choose New >> Shortcut
    Browse to Computer OS C:
    Find the PSE Organizer application in Program Files or Program Files (x86) on Windows 7 - 64 bit.
    C: >> Program Files (x86) >> Adobe >> Elements 11 Organizer
    Within the Elements 11 Organizer folder find the application PhotoshopElementsOrganizer (not Photoshop Elements 11.0)
    Select (highlight) PhotoshopElementsOrganizer and click Next
    Then click Finish.

Now right-click on your new desktop icon and choose “Run As Administrator” Then authorize by clicking yes in the User Account Control dialog.
    From the Organizer menu click:
    File >> Manage Catalogs
    Then click the “Convert” button

Select your desired catalog from the list of previous versions of PSE to highlight it then click the “Convert” button down below it

You should receive a message when the conversion has been successfully completed and your earlier catalog will be automatically re-named. Choose the new name from the list and click the “Open“ button and you are good to go.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 17, 2013 10:00 PM   in reply to shelbywill

Please try by clicking "Show Previously Converted Catalogs" checkbox.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points