why does pse 11 organiser shut down when I try to send a photo mail ?
windows live mail which was working ok with photomail, then I changed to microsoft outlook then photomail stopped working ,then I changed back to windows live mail but photo mail still not working - mail client is set to windows live mail in preferences
What is the system default client. If that is Outlook then there is a conflict with the PSE preferences. Try to make it all consistent. Otherwsie try Adobe Email service and obtain a verification code.
PS PSE won't work with 64bit Outlook so make sure you have the 32 bit version.
thanks 99jon. I made the default mail client windows live mail,(it was set at current in use) I rebooted computer and tried again - still same. I have now set to adobe email in pse 11 preferences and am awaiting verification from adobe.
Please add email@example.com to your contact book in you email account. This is to ensure that you get the verification code in the mailbox instead of spam. Since it doesn't take that long, the email should already be there and try looking for the ver.code using this email address in your mailbox.
I have added firstname.lastname@example.org to contacts list as suggested, and searched for verification from adobe with no succes - have tried again to set up adobe service but still no verification.
should I maybe try a system restore to a date when photomail did work? ie Jan 2013
I’ve found it usually works best with web mail via Adobe after obtaining verification. I know some email services block bulk email completely and I’ve only tested it with Gmail which works fine. Should also work with other web mail e.g. Yahoo and Hotmail. Give it a try. Before you start it will help to check your internet security settings. If they are set to High, reduce the settings to Medium temporarily. Then follow these instructions.
1. Log in to your mail provider on the web and add the following email to your address/contacts book.
2. Open Organizer and on the menu click:
Edit >> Preferences >> Sharing
3. Choose Adobe Email Service from the client dropdown menu.
4. Add your name and email address to the fields provided and click OK
5. Test the system (first use only) by selecting a photo in organizer and choosing Share >> Photo Mail then click Next (Mac users should use attachments)
6. Choose a contact then click Next
7. Click Next Step, then click Next - the sender verification dialog will open.
8. Check you have spelt your email address correctly and hit the Resend E-Mail button.
9. Go to your inbox (also check spam) and when the Adobe mailer message is received copy (Ctrl+C) the long verification code.
10. Return to the verification dialog and paste it (Ctrl+V) into the Sender verification field and click OK. Wait for validation confirmation then click OK to continue
Hello 99jon, I added email@example.com to my address book, then did a search and found 2 verification codes
followed your instructions but whenever I select a contact and hit next - elements stops working with the folowing message:-
elements 11 organiser has stopped working
a problem has caused the programme to stop working correctly
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solutio is available ( but never does)
I then tried to send a photo as an email attachment ( with adobe mail) and I then got the option to enter the adobe verification code which i did and it was accepted but when i clicked ok.
the dialog box went blank with the words photo mail at the top
i then tried to send a photomail but whenever I select a contact and click next - The organiser stops working - thank you for being so patient with me,
Are you logged in as Admin?
If not I would recommend doing that once. If yes, try running Organizer directly from its exe in Program Files by right click >> Run As Admin. Now try sending a photomail.
Success! Yes I am admin so I started direct from exe in programs and ran as admin as you suggested, lo and behold it worked perfectly. I then opened the programme from the desktop shortcut and sent another two photomails as I normally would, and it is still working as it shoud. I dont know what the problem was but now seems to be resolved.
My thanks to you and 99jon for all your help, and for making an old man happy.
ps its great that this kind of help is available from people like yourslves, many thanks