Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Outline of a drawing that is a mix between calligraphic brush and scatter brush

Feb 17, 2013 3:56 PM

Hello!

Ok so, I made a drawing using a scatter brush and a calligraphic brush, it is all black, what I need now is to get the outline of the drawing as a whole! how do I do that? thank you!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 17, 2013 4:03 PM   in reply to fefy21

fefy,

As I (mis)understand it, you may select all and Object>Expand Appearance.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 2:44 PM   in reply to fefy21

fefy,

When I select two paths, one that has a calligraphic brush applied and one that has a scatter brush applied, and Object>Expand Appearance (remember to select the latter path itself rather than the scattered appearances), I get two groups:

• One group contains a closed path with the shape of the calligraphic brush and then a nostroke/nofill version of the original path.
    • The other group contains individual objects that are (copies of) the object used for the scatter brush, with the same positions and shapes as in the unexpanded brushed path, and then a nostroke/nofill version of the original path.

In other words, the same appearance, only expanded to individual objects

What do you get?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 3:26 PM   in reply to fefy21

fefy,

I believe the best thing would be to post one or a few screenshots or images here so others may also see and suggest; over here it is almost half an hour after midnight, high time to attend to other duties, but the sun is still up over there.

You may use the Insert Image button which looks like a camera or upload somewhere and post a link.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 3:40 AM   in reply to fefy21

I shall look forward to it, fefy.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers