Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Using the Color Guide with two base colors?

Feb 17, 2013 4:37 PM

I have two colors that I would like the Color Guide to pick other colors that will work well with them. Is there a way to do this? If I select just the green color as my base color and then select a color rule, the colors do not seem to go well with my other color.

Thanks in advance.colors.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 17, 2013 4:56 PM   in reply to StanWelks

Can you please specify what the colours actually are?

RGB/CMYK/Pantone, whatever, but give levels, percentages or numbers.

Also, why do you trust a machine better than your eyes when it comes to colour harmonies?

The old-fashined way of getting colours to harmonize satisfactorily was to select hamonies and complementaries; so-and-so many of each.

But you must be more specific as to your needs. How many other colours do you want in all?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 18, 2013 9:17 AM   in reply to StanWelks

Try drawing a few rectangles using your two colours.

Take one of them and move one or two of the RGB sliders a little until you have another colour that you are happy with.

Then another and move the sliders in the other direction and so on

Try making one step blends between colours, keeping an eye open for colours you like.

Picture 8.png

Experiment with complementaries (Color panel, fly-out menu) and inverted colours.

There’s no rocket science behind this but it’s a good way to experiment; better than any automatic colour guide.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points