Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

now you see it, you don't …

Feb 18, 2013 1:41 AM

Tags: #background_colour

Another surprise from my inherited doc set, though in general my predecessor didn't do a bad job: a paragraph style specifies a background colour (CMYK, process) to give white text on a blue background on the cover page. No problems on screen, otherwise I would of course have noticed earlier – but creating a .pdf unhelpfully drops the background so I end up with discreet/confidential white on white.  What's going on, and how I sort it?  N  FM 10.0.2.419 Acrobat X Pro 10.1.2 Windows 7

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 18, 2013 9:17 AM   in reply to Niels Grundtvig Nielsen

As the old joke goes...

Patient: Doc, my text doesn't print when I define my paragraph style to print white on a blue background...

Doc: Don't do that!

Assuming that's not an option, however,

• Have you checked View > Color > Views to see if the Blue color is set to print properly?
    • Have you tried both
      • Save as PDF
      • Printing to the Adobe PDF print driver?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 9:30 PM   in reply to Niels Grundtvig Nielsen

Niels,

As Matt asked, which route are you taking to create the PDF - SaveAsPDF or printing to the AdobePDF printer or to a .ps file and distilling? Are you trying to create CMYK or RGB output? Which joboptions were specified for the PDF?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 5:35 AM   in reply to Niels Grundtvig Nielsen

Niels,

You mention the same color definition used in two styles. Is there ONE color definition? OR are there TWO color definitions, each with the same components? If the latter, maybe the one used in the background is set Not to Print.

Van

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 8:11 AM   in reply to Niels Grundtvig Nielsen

<snip> Patient: but the user interface says I can …</snip> 

Fair enough!

So, does the color print when applied to a frame background, or when applied as the color (not the background color) of text?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points