Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Issues with snippets containing multimedia content

Feb 18, 2013 3:15 AM

Tags: #swf #multimedia #snippets

I am using RH 10 of Tech Comm Suite 4.0 on a windows 7 64 system. I am generating WebHelp output and viewing it on FireFox 10 and IE 8 browsers.

I have a snippet that contains a paragraph followed by an SWF interactivity. Now, I don't have any issues in creating this snippet and reusing within the same project. However, I export this snippet, only the HTS file gets imported and not the SWF file. (I am highlighting this because, when we export a snippet that has an image, both HTS file and the image are exported.)

Due to this, when I import this snippet into a new project and publish it, only the paragraph content shows up and not the interactivity.

Is it not possible to import snippets with multimedia content or am I doing something wrong?

Note: I am facing a similar issue with drop-down text snippets that contain multimedia content.

Sreekanth

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 20, 2013 1:44 AM   in reply to Sreekanth_S

Hi,

What happens if you do not export the snippets, but import the snippets right from the project folder of the project where you created the snippet?

What exactly is the problem you're facing with dropdowns?

Greet,

Willam

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 11:20 PM   in reply to Sreekanth_S

This starts to smell like a bug.

So importing does not copy the multimedia content. But after you manually copy the content into the project, the multimedia content does work, right?

Does this happen for all multimedia content, or only for specific types, such as flash, video, etc?

Greet,

Willam

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 2:23 AM   in reply to Sreekanth_S

I agree that this is a bug. Please report your bug on: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Only when people report bugs, will they actually be fixed.

Greet,

Willam

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points