• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with snippets containing multimedia content

Mentor ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH 10 of Tech Comm Suite 4.0 on a windows 7 64 system. I am generating WebHelp output and viewing it on FireFox 10 and IE 8 browsers.

I have a snippet that contains a paragraph followed by an SWF interactivity. Now, I don't have any issues in creating this snippet and reusing within the same project. However, I export this snippet, only the HTS file gets imported and not the SWF file. (I am highlighting this because, when we export a snippet that has an image, both HTS file and the image are exported.)

Due to this, when I import this snippet into a new project and publish it, only the paragraph content shows up and not the interactivity.

Is it not possible to import snippets with multimedia content or am I doing something wrong?

Note: I am facing a similar issue with drop-down text snippets that contain multimedia content.

Sreekanth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

I filed a bug report. Here is the workaround suggested by Adobe.

"To bring the multimedia content along with snippet ,please edit the snippet once in the RH editor and save it before you import snippet."

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What happens if you do not export the snippets, but import the snippets right from the project folder of the project where you created the snippet?

What exactly is the problem you're facing with dropdowns?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam

I tried importing snippets directly from the project folder. However the result is same. Only the text is imported and not the multimedia content below the text. I get only a placeholder for the multimedia content.

It the same problem with dropdowns. The dropdown text area has multimedia content. I created a snippet from that and tried to import the snippet into another project. In this case, only the text which the user has to click for dropdown is imported and not the content of the dropdown.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This starts to smell like a bug.

So importing does not copy the multimedia content. But after you manually copy the content into the project, the multimedia content does work, right?

Does this happen for all multimedia content, or only for specific types, such as flash, video, etc?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I have tested it with SWF interactivity and animation files created in Flash and Captivate demos. It works if I copy these files into the project folder manually. Just importing the snippet doesn't work.

You are right. It might be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that this is a bug. Please report your bug on: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Only when people report bugs, will they actually be fixed.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. I have filed the bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I filed a bug report. Here is the workaround suggested by Adobe.

"To bring the multimedia content along with snippet ,please edit the snippet once in the RH editor and save it before you import snippet."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp