Skip navigation
studioGwentz
Currently Being Moderated

FLVs created with ADOBE MEDIA ENCODER CS6 do not display thumbnails in ADOBE BRIDGE CS6

Feb 18, 2013 3:12 AM

Could you please attempt to shed some light on why FLVs created with ADOBE MEDIA ENCODER CS6 do not display thumbnails in ADOBE BRIDGE CS6, yet apple finder is able to display thumbnails for these same FLVs without issue?

I'm running CS6 Production Premium with ALL updates installed on 10.6.8

I appreciate any input and help provided the input is provided by someone who either

A) knows the answer because they actually work for adobe

B) actually tried this themselves before attempting to provide a solution

If the conclusion is that it is a codec issue or a header issue with the FLVs You'd have to present a very strong case to back that claim up as it makes no sense whatsoever that CS6 is unable to generate thumbnails for media encoded using CS6, yet Apple finder can without issue. NOT to mention the FLVs in question are CREATED on the same machine with the same codecs installed that is trying to generate previews in Bridge.

Apologies if my frustration is showing, I've gotten and seen several... incompetent replies on this forum regarding this issue and it has never been actually addressed properly as far as I can tell by Adobe support.

Branched from an earlier discussion.

Replies
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,043 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 18, 2013 3:13 AM   in reply to studioGwentz

Branched from Bridge common problems thread.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 18, 2013 10:16 AM   in reply to studioGwentz

We are all just incompetent users here.  As pointed out before this is just a user to user forum, Adobe rarely checks in.

I was hoping by now you would have gotten to the bottom of this problem and were offering a solution.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)