Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS5 Mac: Weird problem with italic text not importing

Feb 18, 2013 4:00 AM

Tags: #cs5 #word #import #italic

Hi all

Noticed a weird problem on our two Macs that we use for Indesign (7.0.4). If I take the same Word document and import it into the same ID template file, using the same import preset, with the same fonts loaded on two different Macs - one retains the italic text and the other doesn't. I have trashed the preferences on the one that doesn't retain the italics - no difference. As a bit of background - the Word files for this job are styled by the customer using a template we created. The style names match our ID style names so when we import the files it is largely styled already.

Here's the settings I use to import the Word file on both Macs;

import.png

It just doesn't make any sense! Can anyone suggest what I'm missing here - I'm out of ideas.

thanks,

Iain

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 18, 2013 4:23 AM   in reply to Iain Robinson

You might want to try saving the settings again from the machine that works and reloading them on the one that doesn't.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 4:40 AM   in reply to Iain Robinson

No. Do you see the "Save Preset" button in the dialog you showed above? I don't know why there isn't a corresponding "load preset" button, but if you save the preset using that button, it will create a folder in the user profile called Word Import Presets and a .smp file in that folder. You should be able to copy that to the same location on the other machine.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 4:46 AM   in reply to Iain Robinson

I understand that they both LOOK like they use the same preset, but there's a possibility that one is corrupt, and saving the good one would be a fast way to assure they really are  the same.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 6:40 AM   in reply to Iain Robinson

That's unfortunate. Both machines are really up to date on patches? I don't have a lot of other ideas...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points