Skip navigation
greerz
Currently Being Moderated

Can not activate an older version of PS or get support for it

Feb 18, 2013 1:21 PM

I reintalled photoshop 7 on my new win 7 computer and try to activate the software and i get the error message

Your serial number has already been registered. Products can only be registered once.

Tried to get help on chat and was told there is nothing she can do. I paid a lot of money for this

software even if it is OLD and this is the crap I get...IT IS A LEGAL purchase from my college class

10 yrs ago but the software if still good and viable software but NOT USELESS since i can not reactivate.

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO I DO NOT HAVE MONEY TO BUY NEW SOFTWARE ??????

Disgusted with ADobe support

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 18, 2013 12:07 PM   in reply to greerz

Not sure of PS7 but with the newer versions there is a set number of active copies you can have.  You can only have 2 activated copies.  If this is the case go into your old computer and deactive PS7 then activate it on new computer. 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 12:40 PM   in reply to greerz

I use Photoshop 7 and it doesn't have an activate, only a register.

Don't think activation started until the CS series came out.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 1:24 PM   in reply to Jerry Hoffmann

Photoshop 7 did not have any activation.

Now, the error you give is about registration - which is optional, and you only have to do once.

If that is not the correct wording for the error, please let us know the exact wording of the error you see.

Also Photoshop 7 is so old that it probably won't run on modern OSes, partly because it comes from the days before Terabyte drives (and thus hits limitations in the OS when reporting disk sizes).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points