Skip navigation
TerjeP
Currently Being Moderated

Cant show thumbnails or play avchd i my PSE 11 organizer

Feb 19, 2013 2:35 AM

Tags: #pse11 #mts_file #premiere_elements11

I have photoshop elementes 11 and premiere elements 11 on a win8 pc, and i can't show thumbnails or play avchd movies imported from my Sony HDR cam. I see on the forums that there is a lot of these questions and i have tried reinstalling premiere elements.

The strange is that I can add MTS files into the premiere elements editing mode and play it.

TerjeP,  Norway

Message was moved to the Premiere Elements forum for appropriate response.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 18, 2013 9:24 PM   in reply to TerjeP

I think you will get better answers on PRE Forum <http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements>

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 5:15 AM   in reply to andaleebfatima1

You don't say what operating system you are using -- but Macs have a problem showing some file formats.

Also, do you have the latest version of Quicktime Player?

And have you started a project yet for this video in Premiere Elements? You need to start a project in order for the program to install some important components for reading the files.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 9:22 AM   in reply to TerjeP

The codecs are activated when you start a new project and add video from that camcorder to your timeline.

If doing that doesn't show your thumbnails, it could well be a Windows 8 issue. Windows 8 is still a relatively new operating system, and may not be completely patched until SP1. However, manually going to Windows Update and making sure you have the non-critical updates (which don't install automatically) and the latest driver for your video card from the ATI or nVidia site may well help.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 1:08 PM   in reply to TerjeP

TerjeP,

Glad that you have gotten what you need, and thank you for reporting your solution to the problem. That will probably help others in the future.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points