Skip navigation
gl_productions
Currently Being Moderated

Library Items missing in Encore CS6

Feb 18, 2013 1:04 PM

Tags: #library #buttons #items #menus #encore_cs6

Good afternoon,

Recently installed Encore CS6 on my Mac Pro (part of the PP CS6 install). No items are showing in the library when I toggle for buttons, images, backgrounds, layer sets, text or shapes. Only the Menu toggle shows a list of selections.

Any ideas?

Thx.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 18, 2013 1:12 PM   in reply to gl_productions

Missing Content TWO links http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1152739

-more on folder structure http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1065117

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 7:18 PM   in reply to gl_productions

Are you on a Mac?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 1:53 PM   in reply to gl_productions

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 8:56 AM   in reply to gl_productions

Excellent! Some mac users had problems with corrupt downloads and had to use download managers to get a good copy. Glad yours just needed some time!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 9:10 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

>just needed some time

That is an understatement !!!

It will be awhile before I do anything with it (probably when I make a video of building our new house) but I now have PPro CS6

I clicked the links to download the two zip files... and based on the SLOW progress so far, it is going to take all day to download the files (Windows versions)

The Adobe file server is either overloaded with business, or just REALLY slow

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 10:20 AM   in reply to John T Smith

It is nearly 2 GB to download, so it must take a time, but I don't recall it being that long a download last July.

I can see why Adobe have left this out of the boxed set, but it is mean even by their standards, what would be the extra cost of a second DVD in the package, as there used to be?  They have also created yet more il-will among their customer base.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 12:04 PM   in reply to Alan Craven

2 downloads just finished... total according to WinExplorer is 3.39 Gig... or, one more DVD if Adobe had decided to include with the install discs

As I remember from when CS6 was released, the PPro/Encore content was not included because it was not ready

Now that it is ready, I'm sure Adobe is hard at work getting CS6.5 ready to release (according to the 1 year each for .5 and full number upgrades) so I doubt that a DVD will be added to the boxed sets at this point

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 12:17 PM   in reply to John T Smith

I'm glad you said 3.39 GB, John.  When I downloaded last July it was a mere 1.76 GB, so I guess they must have added more content since then.  I will try the download and see what I get.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 1:06 PM   in reply to Alan Craven

The 1.76 is the Encore full content only; John's combined total must be both files, which also includes the Premiere/Encore functional content install.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 1:31 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

>The 1.76 is the Encore full content only

PPro/Encore combination is 751,624 KB, Encore additional is 2,807,026 KB... both are ZIP files... since the Encore file is a full Gig larger, I would say there is a LOT more content for Encore!

Windows Note: (for PPro/Encore part 1)

If you installed the previous functional content packages, it's possible that you have Templates and Textures folders in the Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\Presets folder. Delete these folders before installing.

1. Extract the contents of the downloaded zip file to a convenient location (for example, the Desktop).

2. Run the .exe file to create install folders for the Encore and Adobe Premiere functional content installers.

3. Navigate to the folder for the content you want to install and execute the installer.

Link Encore with library content (for part 2)

Unzip and copy the Library, main, Styles, and Template folders from the folder containing the extracted library content to the appropriate location:

•Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS6\

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 1:47 PM   in reply to John T Smith

The 2.8 GB Encore zip took 70 minutes, which is pretty good I think!

So now I need the three-quarter gig PPro/Encore combination?

Thanks for the installation notes, too!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 2:00 PM   in reply to John T Smith

The 0.75 GB took a mere 9 Minutes!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 3:02 PM   in reply to Alan Craven

I think you install the PPro/Encore combination set first, then the one for Encore additional content

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 1:49 AM   in reply to John T Smith

Ye Gods!!!  Now I am really spoilt for choice.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 5:03 AM   in reply to Alan Craven

Be aware that when you do the functional content install (the one that is Premiere and Encore), it will DELETE your CS5.5 Encore library is you have 5.5 installed. No idea why.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points