Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Application.xml client settings, serverToclient not working

Feb 19, 2013 2:49 AM

Hi,

Can anybody tell me about what is wrong with ServerToClient value in application.xml as:

When i set ClientToServer to 25600 the server works fine and stops clients from sending data over 25600.

Whereas this does not apply to ServerToClient property. I set it to 25600 but the server keeps on sending data very much over 25600 to clients.

I have tried all permutation combinations, ServerToClient Bandwidth limit does not seem to work for me.

Please help.

Thanks,

Sahil.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2013 3:03 AM   in reply to Crimson Sahil

Hi,

Are you using the server-wide Application.xml located under RootInstall/conf/_defaultRoot_/_defaultVhost_ directory. Or is the application specific xml.

Can you please send me your configuration in both cases?

Thanks,

Shiven

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 2:29 AM   in reply to Crimson Sahil

Hi Sahil,

I apologize for not getting back earlier.

I did look into this and verified that the functionality is working fine. You have set your ServertoClient value as 38400. Note that this value is in bytes per second. So essentially this value is 38.4 KBps, which is equal to 307.2 Kbps. This means that this is the bandwidth available from the Server to Client, PER CLIENT and not all clients in total.

Also, this does not mean that the client will be unable to view streams more than 307.2 Kbps in bitrate, but in fact the client will view the stream with some buffering as the bandwidth available for that connection is 307.2 Kbps.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Shiven

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 6:06 AM   in reply to Crimson Sahil

Hi Sahil,

If the sender can send data at a rate greater than 400 kbps and the receiver is only capable of streaming at 400kbps or less, then you will encounter some buffering on the receiver side.

This is how this property is designed to work.

Thanks,

Shiven

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 18, 2013 6:54 AM   in reply to Crimson Sahil

Sure Sahil.

Please allow me a couple of days to test this out. Dont hesitate to ping me with reminders :-)

-Shiven

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points