Skip navigation
Dominic Irving
Currently Being Moderated

Help with outputting from CS 5.5 to encore trying to output good quality of 1920 x 1080

Feb 19, 2013 3:16 AM

From using premiere pro CS 5.5 I am trying to output a DVD. I am using the settings of MPEG2 DVD. Is there a way to export doing 1920 x 1080. When playing the footage on DVD (via encore) the quality is not that great as we are playing the DVD on a 32" screen. hence why the settings 720 x 576 is not that great, just trying to output a way so that a DVD is playing with good quality im currently outputting using MPEG DVD (720 X 576 ) but im trying to output it to 1920 x 1080.  i am trying to output to encore, where i can build a dvd and burn it but the quality is not great because of the default settings 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 19, 2013 4:05 AM   in reply to Dominic Irving

Use a BD instead. DVD is only 720 x 576 PAL, nothing else.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 4:14 AM   in reply to Dominic Irving

Yeah, a B (lu-ray) D (isk).

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 7:27 AM   in reply to Dominic Irving

Hi Dominic,

Some people have reported that they do burn Blu-ray content onto DVD media, but note these discs will NOT play in a DVD player, must be a Blu-ray player, and capacity is maybe 10-15 minutes or so. This is not something you would distribute, just for personal use if it works for you.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 7:37 AM   in reply to Dominic Irving

As Harm said, DVD is a very specific specification. For PAL, that is MPEG-2 at 720x576, and NTSC is 720x480. Nothing else will do, these are the only formats a DVD player will play.

You can either create a proper Blu-ray disc, using MPEG-2 or H.264 for Blu-ray, or experiment with burning those files to a blank DVD, but again, those WILL NOT PLAY on a DVD player, it won't recognize the material and does not have the circuitry to play HD files. Since you will need to have a Blu-ray player either way, I would recommend just burning to BD if you want HD playback from disc.

Another option is to get a "Media Player", such as Western Digital WDTV or Roku or many others. Most of these are well under $100 and will play HD files from your USB drive or thumb drive, out to an HD display via HDMI. Then you don't need a Blu-ray player or BD discs or burner. Just create the video clips and put them on a USB stick. I should note that my Sony BD player also has a USB port and will do this as well.

Thanks

Jeff

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points