Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

No option to select Blu-Ray folder as source when trying to burn to Blu-ray disc

Feb 19, 2013 8:20 AM

Tags: #no #blu-ray #folder #disc #option #source

Hello,

I've created a project at home that I want to put on Blu-Ray. At home I don't have a Blu-Ray burner so I created a Blu-Ray Folder in Encore and brought over to a friends house to burn using Encore. But in Encore it doesn't have the option to select Blu-Ray Folder as a Source, only current project or disc image. I know when doing this with a DVD it gives the option for current project, disc image AND DVD folder. Why not for Blu-Ray? Anything I can do with out having to redo as a Blu-Ray disc image? Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 19, 2013 8:31 AM   in reply to CLCTV

Create an ISO (Encore) or folder on your hard drive (Encore or Premiere Elements) and then use the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to write files or folders or ISO to disc for DVD or BluRay (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 8:55 AM   in reply to CLCTV

I always use ISO not a folder, so I have no idea... I just pass along what others have said about Imgburn and folders (I do use Imgburn for general backups of files and/or folders, and it works perfectly... I just don't do video folders)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 10:12 AM   in reply to John T Smith

Can't speak for Blu-ray, but with DVD, it is very important that the disc be burned as "DVD Video". For instance in Windows, if you simply drag the VIDEO_TS folder to a blank disc and burn as "Data", it is not going to play in most DVD players.

A computer will usually recognize the content of the disc as being DVD material and will likely play it. But DVD players are expecting a disc formatted a certain way, which a data disc is NOT, and therefore will not play the "data" disc.

A lot of the newer DVD players will play more types of media, such as MP3 and stuff, so possibly more of them would now recognize a VIDEO_TS folder on a data disc, but to do it right, you must burn as a DVD Video.

Most disc burning software will offer options of "DATA" or "DVD VIDEO" because there IS a difference in track layout, and there is special info written to disc that identifies it as a "DVD" also.

In the case of creating a Disc Image, or .iso file, from Encore, then that is a "snapshot" of the DVD with all the right stuff in place, so any software that can use an .iso will make a proper DVD. But again, you cannot just burn the .iso file straight to a disc as data, the software must be capable of creating a disc from an Image.

Hope this makes sense

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers