Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

editing audio in audition

Feb 19, 2013 12:49 PM

CS6.  I can edit premiere audio clips in audition, which renders and replaces them.  After I match the volume of a number of clips, I want to replace the old with the edited clips.  Is it possible to do this in one operation?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 19, 2013 1:04 PM   in reply to rmartin215

Right click on the file you wish to replace, select Replace Asset, and in the dialogue box, navigate to the replacement file, click Open, and Bingo!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 1:42 PM   in reply to rmartin215

I'm confused.  When you send audio to Audition for editing, those changes show up automatically in PP.  You don't need to do anything for this to happen.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 2:53 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

When you return from Audition, the original audio clip in the sequence will have a green background color that distinguishes from clips that were not sent to Audition.

Are you asking to have the audition clips written back out to your input media?

If you are attempting the match the volume between audition adjusted clips and those that were not, you do that by using the volume effect on the clip.  If you have multiple clips, you can "duplicate attributees" to apply the same leveling to other clips. 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 6:43 PM   in reply to rmartin215

Try this:

http://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/sending-material-from-premiere-p ro-to-audition

If you scroll down, you'll see there's an additional tutorial for sending it back to PP, but you have to pay for it.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 7:22 AM   in reply to rmartin215

In CS6, there seem to be two ways to edit them from Premiere to Audition:  as a sequence, or as multiple clips.  Although I can modify the clips in Audition, I have no idea how to use the results from editing the sequence, and can find no explanation anywhere.

I feel your pain. Adobe writes manuals that, sort of, explain the various products stand alone. But they don't have anything that I've ever found that explains the workflow *between* the products. This level of documentation is sorely needed, and has been for years.

OTOH, if they would make the workflow between products consistent (as in, dynamic linking) then it would lessen the need for documentation to explain the workflow between products. I'd love to see dynamic linking with Audition, Speedgrade, etc. It would be a ton of work for Adobe, no doubt of that, but it would make the Adobe software that much more attractive to new users too. I suspect it would more than pay for itself.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with "matching" clips in Audition so can't help there. But I do feel your pain about getting back and forth between products.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points