Skip navigation
DaleDanner
Currently Being Moderated

When I import into Lightroom from my Fuji X E1, all the shots are cropped. How can I fix this?

Feb 19, 2013 1:29 PM

When I import into Lightroom from my Fuji X E1, all the shots are cropped. How can I fix this so they are not cropped?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 19, 2013 3:22 PM   in reply to DaleDanner

Likely, you've enabled an option on your camera to change the aspect ratio. A different ratio will use different dimentions and result in some cropping. These settings are then respected by Lightroom so that your precrop is applied.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 9:01 AM   in reply to DaleDanner

At this point, this is a known issue with no known solution.  Until a fix is found, I remove the crop in Lightroom on one photo, and then synchronize to the other photos. 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 7:36 PM   in reply to DaleDanner

In the Develop Module go to the first photo and remove the crop using the Crop Tool (Keyboard shortcut - R).

Next, be sure that the first photo is still selected.  Click on it in the film strip and confirm that the border is white. 

Next, hold the shift key and click on the last photo in the film strip which will cause all of the photos to have a white border which is darker than the first photo which is the "most selected" photo.

Now the "Sync Settings" button will turn white and you can click it.  In the Sync dialog click the Check None button.

Next place check marks in the Crop and Process Version boxes

Finally click Synchronize.

I suggest that you read Martin Evening's and/or Scott Kelby's book(s) on Lightroom 4.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points