Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

New from FCP - lingering quick questions for huge time savers

Feb 20, 2013 8:21 AM

Questions that I can't seem to figure out, or hope there are new answers to:

1. Is there anyway to view duplicate frames within the sequence? (not just in the preview stating how many times it's been used) I'm looking more for a visual warning. So key in the videos that I edit.

2. Is there a way to show out of sync, without the video & audio linked? ...or am I just forced to keep the files linked as default?

3. Is there any way to double click on a clip in the sequence & have the playhead appear in the source in the current spot on the clip? Seems to work the first time, but then always in the same place if the clip is double clicked again w/ the playhead in a different place later.

4. Is there way to keep the folder structure of imports if folders are within folders? I know you can import folders if they don't have any other folders within them...but folder within folders don't keep the same structure.

5. I would like to highlight a clip in the sequence, hit +10 and for it to move 10frames over. How do I do this? I know I can zoom in, deselect the snap and pull it over AND I know that I can move the playhead & snap to it, but both are not as efficient as what I'm used to.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 19, 2013 4:47 PM   in reply to Rock2meTalk2me

I replied to you here: http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/3/936453

Most of the things you want are feature requests except #5. Merely use the Numeric Keypad, not the numbers at the top of the keyboard.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 19, 2013 5:47 PM   in reply to Rock2meTalk2me

Rock2meTalk2me wrote:

Thanks Kevin for clarifying.

#3. Yes prob a bug.  Match frame works, but I loose the in/out points.  #5, I can't move the clip even w/ the numeric keyboard #'s.  I think my new Premiere sweet has a lot of bugs, because it seems like some shortcuts work only some of the times.  I'm on 6.0.2.  I'll look for an update...otherwise, any way to fix these bugs?  I recently bought the entire suite...and have a big job tomorrow using it. 

Also, does it matter where I post?  Creative Cow or this Forum for the quickest response time?

On #3, my In and Out marks are still there, just not at the same zoom level. You are not experiencing that?

On #5, make sure you press Enter on the numeric keypad and not Return on the main keyboard. Make sure you have not remapped your keyboard to the FCP one while doing this.

Better to post here than anywhere else. I hang out here more often and we have tons of Premiere Pro experts here that don't stray far from here.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points