Skip navigation
crowsfeet829!!
Currently Being Moderated

Save as command not correct in CS6

Feb 19, 2013 4:24 PM

When I use the "pull down"menu and select a file format to "save as" The actual file format name is off by 1.

Example:
In the pull down "format" menu the order of the formats is

Scitex (sct)
TIF

Photoshop 1.0

When saving "test.psd" as a TIF file, the name in the "save as title box gets a .sct extension (Test.sct)

In order to actually save as TIF file I need to select Photoshop 1.0 and the title will receive a tif.

It's not the end of the world- just getting a little irritating

Any ideas?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 19, 2013 4:34 PM   in reply to crowsfeet829!!

Let me guess: you're on MacOS, and you copied a bunch of plugins from a previous version of Photoshop.

Go delete the plugins you copied from a previous version of Photoshop - they're causing the problem (because of duplicated file formats).

Never copy the Photoshop plugins from previous versions - obsolete versions of plugins can cause even more serious problems.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 4:50 PM   in reply to crowsfeet829!!

Either you copied plugins in to the CS6 Plug-Ins folder  (which should be empty except for third party plugins), or you set the "additional plugins folder" preference to point to an older version of Photoshop (just turn it off).

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 5:59 PM   in reply to crowsfeet829!!

Those are there, just bundled into a single plugin ("standard multiplugin") in the required plugins folder.

Again, your plugin-ins folder only contains third party plugins -- but most of those are plugins that come with Photoshop.

Perfect Resize 7.5 is the only one that you've added.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points