Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I don't know how to connect different projects

Feb 19, 2013 5:48 PM

Hi,  I took several video clips last evening and edited each one separately, saving them as .prel files.   But when I came to try to open File-2.prel to add it to File-1.prel on the timeline, the message popped up, Did I want to save #1 first before closing it.   But I didn't want to close 1, or 2..3..n..., I want to add them together.

I think I read something about this on an Amazon customer review, can't remember exactly, but something to the effect that you couldn't, in PE11, add one project to an existing project created somewhere else or at a different time.

All my .prel files in the above quoted exercise were saved in the same folder, and checking it I find that all the usual folders that Elements creates are within that folder, as well as all the .prel files.

Is it the case (again vaguely remembering the Amazon review) that you have to export each project as a finished video, eg .mov, .avi (or whatever), and *then* simply re-import them back into Elements again?

Thanks in advance for help re this.

all best

Brian

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 19, 2013 6:23 PM   in reply to gbrmk

Brian,

First, see this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3392837#3392837

Next, if you will Share/Publish/Export from each Project, you can then Import the resultant output files into it, and edit them together.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 19, 2013 7:33 PM   in reply to gbrmk

A good night's sleep is a great thing to have, and a great way to start the new morning.

Sleep well, and happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points