Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I paste/paint/duplicate typeface/rectangle attributes to multiple titles with existing texts?

Feb 19, 2013 10:48 PM

Tags: #fonts #premiere #paste #title #attributes

I have about 20 titles with caption boxes of text I created with the intention of refining them later, after the video took shape.  I have adjusted the first title exactly as I want it.  Now the problem is I cannot see how to apply all these font and rectangle adjustments to all the other titles that I have spent much time carefully positioning in the video.   Depending on the app, this ability is called: paste, paint, clone, duplicate, etc.

When I saw the "Paste Attributes" option on one of the context menus I had just assumed there was a paste attribute/setting function similar to what Adobe Lightroom has.  However  the Paste Attributes function does not appear for selected text rectangles, and it doesn't appear to work at all when the whole title is selected and pasted to.  I'm thinking "Paste Attributes" doesn't do what it's name implies.  "Duplicating" titles will not work here because my titles aready exist as prototypes, and are now precidely arranged in the sequence.  The caption fonts and design were to be the last thing I would work on.  Since there are many font settings, this would be very tedious to do manually.

Is there any way to do what I am trying to do, without having to reposition 19 new titles?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 20, 2013 12:12 AM   in reply to George in Seattle

Open your adjuste title and save it as a template.

Open next title and apply template.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 12:21 AM   in reply to George in Seattle

If it is just the font, font style and font color, for example, you make a new Style out of the text, name it, and then use that to change all of the other titles. Select the text and click on the style. From the menu choose "Apply Style with Font Size"

The shape of the text box can't be automated as far as I know. (Apparently you can - Ann is correct as usual - create a template.)

Just FYI, attributes are things that apply to clips, not synthetic media like titles.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 8:09 AM   in reply to George in Seattle

The easier way is to create only the first title exactly as you want it, then Create New Title Based on Current Title and change the text.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 12:01 AM   in reply to George in Seattle

I could swear that I mentioned that in post #2.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 8:22 AM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

Steven,

No one ever reads post #2...

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)