• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 10 not wysiwig: Design pod vs. preview and output

Participant ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converting MSWord docx files to WebHelp w/RH10.

Using imported CSS.

In the Design pod the output looks spaced as expected but in Preview (CTRL + W) or actual output, the spacing is all wrong. It is as though my CSS is not being enforced.

BUT then i select some paras and reapply the style from the Style drop down or S&F pod, and then the out put looks correct in the Preview and final output.

BUT I check the HTML code before and after reapplying the style to the paras and I see no difference. It just kind of magically makes the output look spaced correctly even even though I can see not code difference in the HTML.

I am converting books and cannot be highlighting every para to reapply styles 😉

Please advise if anyone out there in RoboLand has a hint.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird...

Have you tried Tools > Update DHTML effects in topics? That sometimes cures the weirdest things.

Are you positive that the same classes apply in html before and after reapplying the style? Do the topics use the correct CSS file to begin with? (I'm guessing here to determine why it is going wrong.)

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When Rh imports, it creates a CSS for the topics created. If later in the process you are specifying a specifc CSS, things will go wrong as that CSS will have different style names. See Importing on my site. It's not a quick read but I think it will be the answer.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp