Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Anchor table to a paragraph beneath it?

Feb 20, 2013 2:38 PM

Tags: #framemaker_10 #table_anchor

In FM10, can I anchor a table to a paragraph that is beneath the table?

Motivation: I want the table to start at the top of the page, a right-hand page in this case.

Challenge: The previous page is so "tight" that I see no room for another paragraph to act as an anchor on that page, even if I set its para font size to 2 point, which is the smallest I can seem to set.

Another Idea: Can I anchor two tables to the same paragraph and "arrange" the tables so that the second appears below the first in the flow?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 20, 2013 6:35 PM   in reply to max_drawdown

Try the opposite approach.

Create a paratag (e.g. table_anchor) that has a negative Space Below (e.g. -12pt) and also starts at the top of the Right page (or any page, as you need). Then set the table to have Space Above equal to anchoring paratags Space Below, i.e. -12pt in this example, and you will get what you want.

No need for tiny fonts in anchors either. This technique causes the content below (paragraph or table) to ride up & on top of the anchoring paragraph. This can be used for many other features in FM, such as background banners on headers, icon graphics placed beside text, etc.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2013 5:31 AM   in reply to max_drawdown

You can also create an anchored frame, alignment top of column, and put a text frame in it with the table.

The anchoring para will typically also need to have its alignment set to top of column.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points