Skip navigation
rerbaug1234
Currently Being Moderated

Selecting pin puppet key frame

Feb 21, 2013 8:04 AM

I'm using pin animation and was curious of there is a way to select those bad boys.
Screen Shot 2013-02-20 at 10.51.52 PM.png
I'm animating a biciclist and these are the motions of his legs, which will then repeat.

I'm just wondering if theres a way to copy and paste the keyframes.

Thank you!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 20, 2013 8:13 PM   in reply to rerbaug1234

Hi there!

If you go to the left hand side of your timeline under the layer that you've applied your pins to and click the dropdown arrows next to your pins under Deform, you can reveal the keyframes:

revealKeyframes.png

Then, it's as simple as clicking and dragging on your timeline! Just click and drag to select the keyframes you'd like to manipulate:

clickDrag.png

After you selected the keyframes and they turn gold, just click and drag to move them around on the timeline.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need further clarification! : )

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 8:16 PM   in reply to dhosford

Also, you can easily loop an animation in After Effects without having to copy and paste keyframes (which can get really tedious). Here's a tutorial on how to make an After Effects composition loop:

http://wikis.evergreen.edu/computing/index.php/Looping_a_Composition_- _After_Effects

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 7:00 PM   in reply to rerbaug1234

No problem! I'm glad I could help! After Effects is a huge program and sometimes it's the little things that trip us up. : )

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 4:58 PM   in reply to dhosford

All you have to do to reveal keyframes is press the letter "u" on the keyboard when the timeline or the comp window is selected.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points