Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a way to adjust the level of several audio tracks at once?

Feb 20, 2013 8:04 PM

Tags: #audio_levels

I am working in Adobe Premiere CS6 and all of the audio is out of wack. Is there a way to adjust all of it at the same time to the same level or do I have to go clip by clip?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 20, 2013 11:32 PM   in reply to smmcast

Use the Mixer to accomplish this.

The Mixer works at Audio Track Level  and affects all the clips on the same Audio Track.

Read up on the mixer.Its very powerful and has many appliable effects and functions.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 8:21 AM   in reply to smmcast

Just to clarify, you can't adjust the level of multiple tracks at the same time.  Each track would be adjusted individually in the Mixer window.  But it seems what you're asking is how to adjust the level of multiple clips in a single track.  There's a difference, and Craig's answer is how.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 11:19 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 4:50 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

I don't see "Craig's answer" that Jim referred to. I have a similar problem. Lots of clips on one track that all need to be adjusted. (the clips, not the track) They were imported from Final Cut and all of the audio levels for each clip are set to zero for some reason. In FCP there is a keystroke to adjust all of the clip audio levels at once. I would like to do the same in Premiere.  Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 7:19 AM   in reply to rejdmast1

I had made Feature Requests to "gang" several Track sliders, like one can with a mixing board. However, the Sub-Mixes handles that nicely, as was pointed out to me by Adobe.

Thank you for linking to that KB Article, as it was basically the answer that Adobe gave me, but I had never seen it explained so nicely.

Appreciated,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 8:17 AM   in reply to PixelshotWDC2

I don't see "Craig's answer" that Jim referred to.

Shooternz is Craig.  However, I'm not sure that answer applies in your case.  What specifically do you mean all clips are set to zero?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points