Skip navigation
TommyBoyToday
Currently Being Moderated

How do I change the metadata select options presented in Bridge (Select Value)

Feb 20, 2013 8:20 PM

Is there a way to set value options on the IPTC metadata? There are preset options that exist on the "Minor Model Age Description" etc, can I set my own values somehow?

Thank you all

Tom

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Feb 21, 2013 3:54 AM   in reply to TommyBoyToday

There are preset options that exist on the "Minor Model Age Description" etc, can I set my own values somehow?

In the Metadata panel top right bar is a small menu icon. this provides options to create or edit metadata templates as well as appending or replace them.

If a subject does not show you should put a checkmark in front of it using the Bridge preferences Metadata section.

An other option is to choose File Info (menu file / file info) in either PS or Bridge. Fill in the data you want to appear in the template and choose 'export'. Give it a proper name to save it to the templates folder and it will also appear in the list of the Bridge templates to add.

Select the files you want to alter in Bridge and choose append template and you are done

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Feb 21, 2013 7:06 AM   in reply to TommyBoyToday

Can I create my own value options for metadata fields? As an example for the IPTC Core/Copyright Status metadata field there are by default three pre-configured options (Unknown, Public Domain, Copyrighted). Can I change these three pre-configured options to say for instance (1 year, Unknown, Unlimited)?

No, you can't.

At least not that I know of in an easy way. And to my opinion you also should not be able to. IPTC is a world standard and many applications use the fields and preset values for search criteria.

If you and others were able to recreate this to personalized versions there would be no standard possible and a lot of applications and/or users/buyers can't find the info anymore

What you might do to add the specialized info about for instance copyright is add this to the other related copyright fields like rights usage terms or even in the copyrights notice (but actually this last field would not be the correct place although it might spring to attention).

Same about age, you can add under or above to the editable model age field.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Feb 22, 2013 1:12 AM   in reply to TommyBoyToday

This is common functionality within a DAM and would be a nice feature to add to the template editor in Bridge.

The Feature request section is the place to add these wishes and the link for that can be found on the main Bridge forum page but I'm afraid it is a bit of a search. It used to be easier before the introduced the Photoshop.com forums

And maybe the Bridge scripting forum has something to offer for you on this subject? You can always ask:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/bridge/bridge_scripting

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points