Skip navigation
gardener179
Currently Being Moderated

Elements 11 Can't Find My Catalogues

Feb 21, 2013 4:18 AM

Having successfully restored 2 catalogues from PS Elements 6 backups on an EHD, I was quite happy working in the last restored catalogue, but on trying to revert to the earlier transferred catalogue, (that I had fully viewed and verified in PS 11 after the original restore), I note that neither of my 2 catalogs appear in the available catalog list when using the Manage Catalog command. This is particularly strange as the correct location of the catalog I'm currently using shows in the System Info. I have tried all 3 options for locating the catalogs (that are stored in hidden folders in My Pictures, rather than the default location) and getting them to list in the Manage Catalogs window without success. In using the Browse option I first tried specifying My Pictures as the location of the catalogs with the Catalogue folders hidden, and then in desperation unhiding them and specifying the hidden folders themselves, but nothing comes up. Help.

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Feb 21, 2013 4:36 AM   in reply to gardener179

Go to your hidden folder for the catalog you want in My Pictures.

Find the following file:

catalog.pse11db

Right-click on that file and choose: Open

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2013 4:56 AM   in reply to gardener179

Please check if that catalog is listed when you select either of the three locations in Manage catalogs dialog- i.e. Catalogs visible to current user, to all users and custom location. If this doesn't help, please look for catalog.pse11db file on your hard disk.

Thanks
    Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Feb 21, 2013 5:01 AM   in reply to gardener179

You will have two catalog.pse11db files; so you could send them to the desktop and re-name them as shortcuts for quick launch in future.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points