Skip navigation
schwabby2
Currently Being Moderated

Encore not in Cloud but can't buy as stand alone?

Feb 21, 2013 6:39 AM

Tags: #install #encore #purchase

Okay.....I have Premiere Pro CS6 in the Cloud, I went to write out a DVD only to find encore grayed out.

I am told by support that I don't get encore with the cloud but I do get it with the purchased Premiere. I am also told that I can't buy encore as a stand alone either.....What the....???? So essentially Adobe is telling me to go buy a DVD authoring program that may or may not integrate with their programs?

Is this making sense to anyone else?

How have you all worked this out? What DVD authoring program should I get? I am not buying the $800 program of Premiere when I already have it in the cloud.....Advice please?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2013 8:43 AM   in reply to schwabby2

There appears to be something wrong with your Cloud install or activation... Encore IS included, but it will not work until activated

I don't use the Cloud, so I have NO idea how Cloud activation works, or why Encore is not working for you

In the US - Adobe Activation 866-772-3623 may help... Open 24/7 as far as I know

Actually, http://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud may be a better place for this question

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 8:42 AM   in reply to schwabby2

What version of the cloud do you have? Premiere only? Or the whole thing?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 7:08 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

Creative Cloud only comes in one version, and it includes everything.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 7:26 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

According to the Premiere Pro page, you can get a one year subscription for $19.99.

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html

The Encore link only shows the PR subscription (and the full cloud). So I assume it makes no difference in the answer. Just curious since the OP seems confused by support's response.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 8:56 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

Stanley,

I am also confused by Customer Support's response too. Maybe it's my lack of understanding the CC option, but if PrPro includes Encore for perpetual licensed version, I would have assumed that it would be in the CC subscription too. Like John T., I learn about the CC options daily, but the response flies in the face of what I thought I understood.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 9:39 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill,

Does Encore still have in it the bought-in technology (from Roxio??) - if so there may be some legalistic reason for excluding Encore from CC?  I think it is excluded from, the trial version of Premiere, still.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 9:53 AM   in reply to Alan Craven

Yes, it still has some licensed components, but Encore is clearly included in the cloud. Whether the OP has the full cloud or anything else, Encore comes with Premiere.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 12:21 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

you can get a one year subscription for $19.99.

Well how 'bout that.

Seems it's just called a subscription, though, whereas Creative Cloud is the full suite of programs.

Still, seems like it should be available for anyone licensing Premiere Pro, whatever the method.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 7:42 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Still, seems like it should be available for anyone licensing Premiere Pro, whatever the method.

I agree.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 8:34 AM   in reply to schwabby2

>This is possibly a bug

Post at bug report at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Include a link to this discussion so the appropriate Adobe staff may read your details and, hopefully for anyone else, fix the problem with their Cloud installer

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 11:01 AM   in reply to schwabby2

That's good news!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2013 7:14 AM   in reply to schwabby2

Also, for anyone else finding this old discussion, you may still buy JUST Premiere Pro and Encore without the Cloud

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_cata log_sl_software_sl_creativesuite6.html?promoid=KFPMZ

And, downloading and installing PPro/Encore is only the 1st step... content is separate

Missing Content... PPro & Encore basic and Encore extra

-link in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1276002

-more on folder structure http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1065117

-How to Extract the Library content to the Library folder

-Extract the zip file that you just downloaded. This will create a .7z file

-Extract the .7z file to create a folder based on the language you selected.

-Copy the contents of the language folder (eg. en-US) to the following location:

-Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS6\

--Library folders will replace the existing Library Folders & Files

--Place into Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS6\Library

--you will now see "many" sub-folders under the Library folder

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2013 9:55 AM   in reply to John T Smith

thx! John.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This