Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Recording audio mixes

Feb 21, 2013 9:25 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2013 9:25 AM   in reply to Community Help

Is there a way to edit Automation moves AFTER then have been created? I am hoping there is some kind of keyframe display of the automation moves that I can edit. BTW, I am referring to level changes made in the Audio Mixer, NOT in the volume levels for footage within the timeline. Any help with this would be appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 9:45 AM   in reply to davidp158

You can change the Keyframe Display to Track Keyframes for that Audio Track, and there will see the Track Keyframes, added through automation with Audio Mixer, which can be edited.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 12:41 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill - Thanks for the reply! I dug a little deeper and (finally) noticed the option to display track keyframes in the timeline. It was exactly what I was looking for, and there all along, but I wasn't aware of the option icon to enable track keyframes.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 12:45 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill - While I've got your ear, is there a way to make track keyframes move in sync with ripple delete edits? I have track keyframes that stay in place when I ripple delete footage. I am referring to audio mixer automation keyframes. Footage keyframes for volume and opacity move in sync with ripple deletes. Its not a huge issue, but I figure I may be missing the obvious (again...LOL).

cheers,

Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 4:08 PM   in reply to davidp158

davidp158 wrote:

Is there a way to make track keyframes move in sync with ripple delete edits? I have track keyframes that stay in place when I ripple delete footage. I am referring to audio mixer automation keyframes.

Unfortunately, no. Create a feature request: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 4:46 PM   in reply to davidp158

Dave,

Kevin had your answer. I also highly support his suggestion for a Feature Request.

Glad that you have the first part managed.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 4:53 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Kevin & Bill - Thanks for the replies. After enjoying the joys of automated mixing, I was a bit frustrated to see that those keyframes didn't move with ripple edits...but now that I know, I will just have to compensate for it in the future. Meanwhile, I shall post the request to Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 4:58 PM   in reply to davidp158

Dave,

The underlying reason for that is that the Clips, themselves, are ignored, regarding the Audio Track Keyframes. If you were to replace the Clips, those Track Keyframes would remain, as they are attached to the Track only. What is on that/those Track(s) is ignored.

The Automation from Audio Mixer is a great feature, but as it places Track Keyframes, some fight it a bit. I never work in Audio Mixer, until one of the very last steps in my workflow - after ALL Audio Clips have been approved.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 5:59 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill - Yep, I get it. It certainly makes sense to do the automation at the very end. However, doing a short version of an edited piece with a lot of exisiting automation will certainly involve ripple edits. Whatever, as long as I know what to expect, I can work around it. Thanks again for your input and help.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 6:02 PM   in reply to davidp158

You are most welcome.

The distinctions between Clip Keyframes vs Track Keyframes do seem to be a bit of an abstract concept, until one deals with both of them.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points