Skip navigation
brian.johnson1310
Currently Being Moderated

Printer error: "The saved printer information is not campatible with this version of Photoshop"

Feb 21, 2013 10:29 AM

The saved printer information is not campatible with this version of Photoshop.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2013 10:31 AM   in reply to brian.johnson1310

Hi there! Because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Photoshop General Discussion forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

However, the information you posted is not sufficient enough for us to provide you with a helpful answer. To help others help you, please read through this article and provide any additional relevant details.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 10:31 AM   in reply to brian.johnson1310

More info needed.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 10:41 AM   in reply to brian.johnson1310

What is default printer?  Network printers can somethimes be difficult.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 11:08 AM   in reply to brian.johnson1310

That doesn't happen to other Photoshop users.

So the only thing in common is whatever environment you use for student account management.

Are the students able to save preferences correctly?

Is there a default set of Photoshop preferences installed for the students?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 3:09 PM   in reply to brian.johnson1310

Where are their profiles and preferences stored?  (profiles should not be created when they log on, that would lead to all kinds of problems)

Photoshop wouldn't get this error with it's default preferences, only if there were preferences saved from some older version, or with corrupt preferences.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 5:13 PM   in reply to brian.johnson1310

This sounds like your IT people need to get involved.

It really does seem like there are some Photoshop prefs stored somewhere on the system that are not valid (corrupt, out of date, I'm not sure).

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 9:17 PM   in reply to Kendall Plant

I had the same error trying to print to an HP 2600 - cannot remember exactly how I fixed the problem - but something along these lines.

Note: HP does not provide profiles for many of their color laserjets - which was a clue for me.

When I hit print with the Laserjet 2600 selected I got the error message. So I selected another printer and set the output for printer to manage colors. Exited print, went back and opened the image and with printer manages color selected the 2600 and no error message.

This was on CS6 x64 running Win7 x64.  You might want to try this as it did work for me

Mike

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points