Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

When I drag even a single clip from one bin to another-serious error...

Feb 21, 2013 11:10 AM

Tags: #serious_error

I was doing a bit of organizational housekeeping in a project today and simply dragged a clip from one bin to another and Premiere CS6 crashed. It seems repeatable, but I don't want to keep doing that. If I copy/paste it works fine. Other than this the system has been very stable since I fell back to CUDA 5.0.36 w/GPU driver at 1.3.4.0

This is a two monitor setup with bins in open tabbed folders on the left monitor in icon view. 2010 MacPro with all the latest updates for Mountian Lion, Production Premium CS6, etc. Content is HDV and GoPro. 12 gig ram, Nvidia 4000, LHi...

I'll submit an error report.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 22, 2013 1:02 AM   in reply to Glitchdog

That seems odd. Have you trashed preferences? How to trash prefs: http://blogs.adobe.com/genesisproject/2011/02/premiere-pro-cs5-mainten ance-two-great-tips.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 22, 2013 10:17 AM   in reply to Glitchdog

The resetting of Prefs has been around Photoshop, almost from its introduction. The PREF file(s), can be corrupted, and it seems by myriad factors. That said, I have used PS from the very beginning on a PC, and have only had to trash my PERF once, when an auto update of another program hit, during a Save for a very large PSD. That is over about 20 years of extensive use. However, corruption happens often enough, that most forum folk have the tips bookmarked to help all the users, who do experience issues.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points