Skip navigation
picsil8
Currently Being Moderated

How to transfer keyword tags

Feb 21, 2013 12:26 PM

I have a seperate PC PSE8 organizer that I would like export just the keyword tags file to my new Mac PSE10 to use with a seperate new database.  Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2013 10:15 PM   in reply to picsil8

Yes. Click on the + icon next to Keyword Tags llabel in left panel and choose Save Keyword Tags to file. This will create an xml which you can take on your MAC and restore the tag hierarchy on the mac catalog using - click on the same + icon >> Import keyword tags from file.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 11:49 PM   in reply to picsil8

Hi Picsil8,

Your query is slightly ambiguous. As per title you want to transfer 'Keyword tags' and as per query you want to transfer 'Keyword tag files'. Just to clearify, above solution is valid if you want to transfer 'keyword tags'.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 10:17 PM   in reply to picsil8

A better way to do this would be to install PSE 10 on your windows computer (if you have the boxed version you have both platforms) and update your catalog to PSE 10, then do a full backup using the organizer's backup command to a removable drive, then restore the catalog to the mac.

EDIT That's unless you just want a list of keyword tags to save time when working with a whole different set of images. But transferring a catalog will also preserve albums, version sets, etc.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points