Skip navigation
heart collector3
Currently Being Moderated

would really like to write words across photo ?

Feb 21, 2013 2:18 PM

Tags: #color #indesign #import #merge #printing #book

Ok I would like to insert words or poems across or in the background of my pictures, but not sure what it is called, I see it all the time and I know it has a special word for it     I'm such a beginner at this stuff ? please help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2013 2:29 PM   in reply to heart collector3

Is there a reason that adding a text frame in front of the image won't work?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 4:28 PM   in reply to heart collector3

As Peter says, "in front" is a very basic operation.

"In the background" is more difficult. If your image is transparent, you can just type your text and move the image on top of it (using Arrange to send the picture to the front if necessary). If not, you need to make a custom clipping mask, to get something like this -- image shamelessly re-used from another post

Screen Shot 2013-02-22 at 1.26.09 AM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 11:38 PM   in reply to heart collector3

Set up your InDesign file with layers. Create a layer for background, one for images, create another for capitions, create another for text  and at the top one for a pagina (from the master page). And put all these things in their layer.

Take care that a image does not force the text to be wraped around when you want it to put it on the picture. Therefore create object styles and in the genereall text frame settings you can activate to ignore text wrapping for a selected object style which is used for the text above the image.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2013 6:55 AM   in reply to heart collector3

Glad it worked out.

Feel free to come back if you have more questions, but if you decide to reply by email, please remove the auto-quote from your response.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points