Skip navigation
LineBreakMedia
Currently Being Moderated

Why are my clip marker comments disappearing?

Feb 21, 2013 4:53 PM

Tags: #markers #clip_markers

I'm coming from Final Cut Pro, so part of my problem might be my workflow, but: Why are my clip marker comments disappearing? I log a lot of interviews and usually log the subject's responses in clip markers, but my comments are disappearing the second I select a different clip! Any reason why this might be? They stick around when I do sequence comments, but they disappear when I add comments to my clip markers when viewing in the source window. Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2013 6:18 PM   in reply to LineBreakMedia

If you go back to the first clip in the Source Monitor, do the comments come back?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 6:47 PM   in reply to LineBreakMedia

OK, I can't replicate the error here.  The comments stick around until changed.  The only thing I can think of is to go to into Preferences>Media and uncheck "Write XMP ID to Files on Import".  That's purely a guess, though.  You may have to remove the reimport the media.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 6:47 PM   in reply to LineBreakMedia

Like I said, it works as you'd expect it to here.  Not sure why it isn't for you.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2013 5:54 PM   in reply to LineBreakMedia

I've been having this same exact issue. Very Frustrating.

I keep trying small projects in Premiere to see if it's ready for actual work, but so far I've found it buggy and unusable.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2013 10:55 AM   in reply to AndrewG

I've found it buggy and unusable.

That's not the norm.  CS6 on a properly configured Windows system is very stable.  If you want to list out some specific issues (besides this one) in a new thread, along with some system details, we may be able to help you smooth things out.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2013 3:33 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Jim, that's encouraging to hear. Unfortunately, I'm trying to run it on a mac (Lion). Are you finding that most complaints are coming from people running it on macs?

Believe me, I want to get behing Adobe, but I've restarted more than one project in Avid after finding Premiere super glitchy and inconsistent in it's behaviour.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2013 4:14 PM   in reply to AndrewG

Are you finding that most complaints are coming from people running it on macs?

I won't say most, but I would say we see more 'odd' behavior on a Mac than we do on Windows.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 22, 2013 7:11 AM   in reply to LineBreakMedia

I think I have your answer, as I've just experienced the same.  Are you creating "merged clips" for dual system audio before marking?  I can't get the comments to stick on my merged clips, but CAN on my non-merged ones.  It's a real bummer, for sure, as all my audio is always "dual system".  Merged clips are handicapped in many ways out of the box.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points