Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to remove "Blue filter" from multiple images in the History Panel

Feb 21, 2013 5:35 PM

I am using Lightroom 4.3 on Windows 7 pc.  I have a collection with approximately 650 images.  I was working in the collection and had all the images selected.  Somehow I inadvertently must have hit a keyboard shortcut that effected all the images.  All of the images are negatively effected and they now look terrible.  When I go to the History Panel, all the images have "blue filter" as their most recent entry.  If I select one image and go back to the step before the "blue filter" everything looks fine  again.  My problem is I have this effect in 650 images.  When I try and do the change in one image and then synch to the rest, I don't know what box to check to remove this "blue filter" that has been added to all the images.  I know I can do them one by one, but with 650 images, it's a long and tedious process.  Any way I can remove the "blue filter" from multiple images in a collection?

Thanks,

Matthew Kraus

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2013 6:11 PM   in reply to Matthew A Kraus

If you’ve just done it, then an Undo operation would reverse things on all the images, I think.  But if it took you a while to see the problem, then you might have done something to cancel the undoability.

Isn’t Blue Filter a built in LR preset that modifies the HSL settings:  http://kb2.adobe.com/community/publishing/924/cpsid_92473.html

Open the HSL panel and step back into History on one of the affected images so the effect of the Blue Filter preset has been undone and notice what HSL sliders change, and then if the 650 images DON’T already have any HSL adjustments you should be able to sync JUST the pre-Blue-Filter HSL adjustments (perhaps all zeros) to the other 650 images.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 22, 2013 6:44 AM   in reply to Matthew A Kraus

If you can’t tell which photos have the issue, then maybe you’ll have to look at them one-by-one.  I thought you knew which ones.

Can  you make a preset that consists of the settings you need to undo the B/W Mixer adjustments and apply that to a group of images, even if some of those don’t have B/W Mixer adjustments?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points