Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop CS6 doesn't recognize my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M GPU?

Feb 21, 2013 5:32 PM

I just bought a brand new Alienware M17x R4 with Windows 8 Pro x64 and Photoshop CS6 won't recognize my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M GPU?

I've already updated Windows 8, Photoshop and the Nvidia graphics driver.

Any ideas?  I spent so much on a nice graphics card but now it seems PS CS6 can't even use it.  It's using the Intel HD4000 instead:

pscs6.png

I also tried this:  http://forums.adobe.com/message/4545768#4545768

And deleted the settings but that didn't help.

According to this, my graphics card should work, it's a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M, which is a 600 series GPU:  http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cs6-gpu-faq.html#tested_ cards

Tested video cards for Photoshop CS6

#

Adobe tested the following video cards before the release of Photoshop CS6­. This document lists the video card by series. The minimum amount of RAM supported on video cards for Photoshop CS6 is 256 MB. Photoshop 13.1 cannot display 3D features if you have less than 512 MB VRAM on your video card.

Important: This document is updated as newly released cards are tested. However, Adobe cannot test all cards in a timely manner. If a video card is not listed here, but was released after May 2012, you can assume that the card will work with Photoshop CS6.

Adobe tested laptop and desktop versions of the following cards. Be sure to download the latest driver for your specific model. (Laptop and desktop versions have slightly different names.)

nVidia GeForce 8000, 9000, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 series

I've run out of ideas.  Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2013 5:57 PM   in reply to Tatanium

Somehow your OS thinks that the Intel GPU is primary.

Generally that only happens when the primary display is connected to that GPU.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2013 9:39 PM   in reply to Tatanium

The flashing bug isn't specific to AMD, and we've been talking to Microsoft and all the GPU vendors about the problem.

They're well aware of the causes, workarounds, and are still trying to get fixes released.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points