Skip navigation
asemerdjian@crain.com
Currently Being Moderated

Illustrator CS6 wont start

Feb 21, 2013 7:19 PM

Tags: #illustrator #problem #adobe #mac #crash #cs6

Illustrator CS6 16.0.4 will not start on mac 10.8.2 (jumps up and down in dock a few times loads extensions then stops), removed all adobe products with adobe creative suite cleaner, removed products from application directory. restarted, reinstalled only Illustrator CS6, then the individual patches that were manually downloaded from

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=27&platform =macintosh

My next step would of been to continue the installs of CS6 Products but Illustrator will still not start.

I understand this is a known issue with the latest update through Adobe Application manager.

Please help, it has been 3 days now we are unable to properly correct the issue after numerous uninstalls and intallations.

Addtional items tried: user is an administrator, created a new user with Admin priv and tried also not working.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2013 11:12 AM   in reply to asemerdjian@crain.com

Asmerdijan,

You can go ahead and install the JAVA update from the Apple by going to link below:

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572

Once that is downloaded please go ahead and put the FXGfileformat.aip  & launch illustrator and it should work for you.

If that doesnt work try to reset the prefrences for Illustrator.

Press and hold Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Illustrator. Your current settings are deleted.

Let me know if you need further help on this.

Mandhir

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 16, 2013 11:15 AM   in reply to Mandhir Bhatia

I'm also having this problem - I tried the fix above and it still doesn't work. The icon bounces in my dock, then stops bouncing. The Icon appears inactive in the doc (ie doesn't have an active state) but I have to force quit the application.

Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points