Skip navigation
squiptryx@gmail.com
Currently Being Moderated

Why is my trial version of Dreamweaver crippled?

Feb 21, 2013 9:32 PM

Tags: #dreamweaver #menu #unavailable #crippled #nonfunctional #muted

I just downloaded and started using a trial version of Dreamweaver, and I find that many of the most useful functions are unavailable. Many menu choices are muted, and many keyboard shortcuts fail to work. For instance, all of Format > Style is muted, and shift-enter does not produce a line break. What gives?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2013 9:38 PM   in reply to squiptryx@gmail.com

Hi,

From what I know, Adobe doesn't disable options in the trial version. Can you see if  you have the required object selected before using those options?

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 8:21 AM   in reply to squiptryx@gmail.com

Can you post what you are seeing?  The big issue with Adobe is that the trial is not representative of the final product anymore because there are different versions floating out there from the perpetual licenses to the Cloud licenses.  If you could post a screenshot and the OS, people on the forums will be able to help you with what things are in what versions.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 8:28 AM   in reply to squiptryx@gmail.com

Your original post is lacking a large amount of information to base any solution off of. I'm sure Preran was simply trying to verify some basline info before proceeding with possible solutions.

I assume you are using a Mac and drive a WV Beetle, so my advice is...

It sounds to me like you have a bad install. I would uninstall, use the cleaner and reinstall. If that doesn't take care of it, create a new user on your computer and see if it works from there.

DW has changed, significantly from previous versions, depending on which one you were using before. Many of the old HTML codes like <strong> <em> etc have been deprecated so DW removed them and now uses CSS to control such things. Some menu options still exist

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2013 5:46 PM   in reply to squiptryx@gmail.com

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers