Skip navigation
JohnUCLA
Currently Being Moderated

Problems with avi files.

Feb 22, 2013 12:38 AM

I cut together various programs in order to make a dvd with a menu.  I cropped and repositioned images.  I asembled quad splits and each of the four pictures comes into the frame at different times.  Once finished, I then converted the programs to avi files.  But all of those cropped and repositioned images; all of those quad splits are out of registration in the avi files.  The images are not where I put them.  Does anyone know why, and more importantly, what can I do about it?  Help, please. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 22, 2013 5:42 AM   in reply to JohnUCLA

What version of the program are you using?

When you set up your Premiere Elements project, which settings did you select? (You can see your current project settings listed under the Edit menu.)

Have you ensured that all of your photos are no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size?

Do you get the same results if you output a WMV file?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 6:28 AM   in reply to JohnUCLA

This happens sometimes when working on a project in MPEG format (as yours).

I'm sorry but I don't have a solution. The usual workaround is to output an AVI of your file -- but in your case the AVI also exhibits this problem.

Have you tried starting a new project, set up for DV?  I know DV is standard resolution, but working in DV format you will unlikely have this problem. And, since you're going to output AVI anyway, working in DV just makes sense.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 8:57 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

To date, I have not seen such behavior with a DV-AVI, but only MPEG Source Files (as Steve mentions). This is an oddity. I also have no tips on correcting things, as I have never encountered such, nor read of it from others.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 2:17 PM   in reply to JohnUCLA

DV.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status