Skip navigation
terriyeago
Currently Being Moderated

Using Multiple Conditional Tags with Multiple WebHelp Outputs

Feb 22, 2013 7:29 AM

I have a project that I have created for a web application. Within the web application, there are 3 types of customers (Commercial Accts, National Accts, and Tier 1 Customers).

I have tagged each help topic that is associated with the help topics I have created.

Then, I created 3 webhelp outputs and 3 TOCs for each customer type.

My goal is to publish the project, where each customer type has their own generated output. Doing it this way, what is listed in the TOC help topics for each customer type is not displaying correctly.

Example: National Accounts TOC

What is generated:

I have tagged the help topics within the TOC to the appropriate conditional tag. Please help. Any advice? I can also be reached at tyeago@tyco.com

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 22, 2013 7:35 AM   in reply to terriyeago

none of your screenshots came through - use the camera icon in the web interface to attach images

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 8:11 AM   in reply to terriyeago

So are you creating 3 separate SSL recipes (one for each type of customer) or trying to pack it all in just 1 output? I'd be inclined to create separate SSLs for each flavour (using CBTs) and attach the respective TOC and Index within each one. OR you could investigate the idea of Concept Categories (which I've never used) to package it al up into 1 bundle and have the user select what flavour of help they see based on their type (I'd see grainge.org for more info on that).

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 8:35 AM   in reply to terriyeago

Ok I can see that you've done that (attaching the type's TOC and IX within each SSL); so the problem is that you're getting the datasourcetest TOC instead of the national_account one? If that's the case, what about changing the (default) setting attached to the datasourcetest TOC?

BTW - I noticed your project path length is long - best practices dictates c:\projects\project_name\ as a structure.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 9:26 AM   in reply to terriyeago

ok - I see - what are the CBTs on the topics that make up the "Getting Started in DataSource", "Searching for Site Levels", "Displaying Site Data" TOC book entries - they seem to be getting suppressed and they sort of read like they would be common to all types of customer.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 9:44 AM   in reply to terriyeago

Nope - if they're common to all, then they don't need a tag attached. What's happening is that your expression is saying "not A and not B and not C" so if a topic is tagged with A/B/C then the expression will never be true - so it gets tossed. Try stripping them off the topics & try again.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 11:24 AM   in reply to terriyeago

Find a topic that is common to all TOCs/SSLs - strip off all the CBTs on that topic (in the Project View, not the TOC); regenerate; what do you get?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 1:10 PM   in reply to terriyeago

Don't do it all topics (just yet) - just one common topic & test with that

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers