Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

RH10 .cpd file settings, missing files and folders

Feb 22, 2013 8:58 AM

Hi,

I've just done an upgrade to RH10 and also am now operating under windows 7.

We also use TFS revision control.

When I opend each project for the first time in RH10 I found topics missing from the project and links broken but these were still present oin the local drive. I re added the missing files and folders which fixed the broken links.

I then checked the cpd setting. It was set NOT to clear each time the project was opened at this stage. I was then able to check out tyhe porject and view and no problem with broken links.

I then set the cps to regenerate each time the porject was opened. This thenh seemed to cuase the problems with broken links and missing files again. I therefore reset the cpd setting back to do not rebuikd cpd whci has fixed the problem for now.

What I'd like to know is bearing in ind we're using TFS revision control and as far as I know cod is excluded from revsion control..

Do I need to download any updates?

What cps setting should I use and is this different for RH10 to RH8?

What other files should be excluded from revision control?

Cheers

Steve

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 22, 2013 9:04 AM   in reply to Author care

Check Colum's site (robocolum.com) for a blog post about what to have in source control & what not to have - or search for John Daigle on the forum as I think he had a post about source control files too

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points