Skip navigation
davis7788
Currently Being Moderated

Four color black text

Feb 22, 2013 10:50 AM

I am having a problem with black text on PDF's  I receive from others. Is there a program out there to correct just the text when it is 4 color. I tried to use the text tool in acrobat pro but it must be one solid image because it grabs the whole  document. Please help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 22, 2013 1:57 PM   in reply to davis7788

Pit Stop would be the suggested tool for correction/manipulation of commercial print related tasks. It is considered the must have for mid-high volume shops.

You should be able to make the correction with AA Pro using the Preflight tools.

I've delved into creating this numerous times and still find it cumbersome. Attached is a Fixup I've created from a supplied. The example shown ignores any type whose color space is RGB, which is probably 99% of what you will run into. Running the Convert to CMYK Fixup first may correct your problems or allow this example to run.

With the Wrench icon active (Fixups) select

Options > Create New Preflight Fixup >

In the Find field, type spot and you should find my base which has been modified.

Using RGB Color model would be another option

Capture.JPG

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2013 7:49 AM   in reply to davis7788

I was not clear; Create a Preflight Fixup.

There are many provided by the folks at Adobe, but you have the ability to create your own. I have modified their "Create Spot Color" fixup to essentially crate a 100% black where the input was at least 50c, 50m, 50y, 20k. within 20.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points