Skip navigation
Wozza12
Currently Being Moderated

Different versions of animated image in single swf file

Feb 22, 2013 1:11 PM

Tags: #swf #action_script_3 #frames

I am making a game which has several objects (beds, crates, tables) that can be placed on a grid.

The objects are created in flash and exported as individual .swf files. Each object can be rotated. To do this I create 4 frames in each .swf and draw a different version of the image in each frame. This allows me to 'rotate' an object in actionscript by simply going to the next frame of the swf movieClip.

This simplifies things a lot for me, as it follows logically that an object will have one image file (swf) for all orientations. However, I've hit a problem in that I would like the object to have an animation. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? or perhaps another technique I could use.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 22, 2013 1:33 PM   in reply to Wozza12

Instead of having 4 frames each with a different rotation, just change the rotation property of the object.

If you create the object in one frame as an animation in your currewnt design, then it will still animate if you change its rotation manually and have it in four different frames.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 2:07 PM   in reply to Wozza12

Okay, so what is the issue with the animation - animating what? 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 2:49 PM   in reply to Wozza12

You still have not explained what problem you are having with implementing such an animation.  You can create an animation as a separate movieclip and place it within any or all of the 4 frames or within the objects within those four frames. 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 6:36 PM   in reply to Wozza12

You're welcome.  You can have all sorts of levels of things within things.  You'll get the hang of things as you experiment.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points