Skip navigation
SnthAdmin
Currently Being Moderated

Image Overlap

Feb 22, 2013 5:38 PM

I am creating an eps of a logo from an InDesign object that is grouped in 2 separate joined images. But when I check the eps, the bottom of the top image is cut off. I moved that image to "the front" and a few other things but I'm definitely a novice and need help. This is a crappy jpeg version of it but the bottom of Lincoln is cut off. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Logo.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2013 5:47 AM   in reply to SnthAdmin

You might want to post a photo that clearly shows your problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 9:57 AM   in reply to SnthAdmin

It's a simple cropping problem, right? In InDesign: Object>Fitting>Fit Frame to Content

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 12:13 PM   in reply to SnthAdmin

Indesign is "cropping" the exported object right at the edge of the type. Maybe place a white box underneath the graphic before exporting. It looks like the InDesign object is placed on top of a black box. Either get rid of the black box, or enlarge both it and add a white box underneath the logo and on top of the black, to get breathing room for your type. You may need to ungroup the InDesign object, and put each element on its own layer.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 1:45 PM   in reply to SnthAdmin

SnthAdmin, so the original (in InDesign) is not vector art either? Then (a) there is no particular good reason to use Illustrator, and (b) there is no good reason to try and save it as an .eps.

It's possible you are losing resolution because of the copy/pasting. Try opening the original images with Photoshop instead. If the bitmaps were embedded in the ID document, unembed them first.

With Photoshop, you should get a perfect pixel representation of the originals (however bad they may be), and you can easily paste them together into a single image. If you are still convinced you should save it as an .eps, well, Photoshop can do that too.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 1:56 PM   in reply to SnthAdmin

Do a search on Google for the vector version of this logo. I found it within 2 minutes.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 8:08 AM   in reply to Monika Gause

@Monica - sorry, that was slow(!)

Using an extension in Chrome or Add-In to Firefox, "Search Google Images"... I had it in less then 1 second.

Without a plugin/extension... just save the JPEG to the desktop, open Chrome/Firefox/Safari to Google Images and drag the saved JPEG into the window. Takes about 3 seconds.

When looking for large or specific versions of a graphic, don't forget to make use of the "Search Tools" dropdown on the found image page from Google, for size, color, similar, or icon variants.

Edit: I should apologize, but my largest "pet peeve" at the moment is how (very, very!) many people still do not know how to use assorted Google services, Google search... or even email. Most people spend at tthe least 2+ hours per day on the web in thier browser of choice, or with email... and can't be bothered to learn these very simple programs. It's a wonder they try to tackle an advanced piece of software like Illustrator(?!)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 9:08 AM   in reply to DocPixel-BMW

DocPixel-BMW wrote:

@Monica - sorry, that was slow(!)

;-))

I also checked the file, if it's OK (or autotraced, or just a pixel EPS ...)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points