Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Clips suddenly "lost" video track

Feb 22, 2013 8:07 PM

I have a bunch of clips from a Sony FS700 in a bin.  They are all 1080p@23.98 .MTS files.  I set markers, then created a multi-cam source sequence from 9 clips.  When I opened this sequence in the source monitor, all 9 angles were offline, so I deleted the sequence to try again.  But now, 4 of these clips have "lost" their video track.  The properties window shows audio only.  I'd like to figure out why this happened. 

My only guess:  I turned on Audio Time Units before placing the markers, in order to sync the shots perfectly, because it's a musical performance.  Maybe Premiere didn't like that?

Edit:  More importantly, how can I get these clips back?  I removed them from the bin, deleted their XMP files, and re-imported.  But they still show as audio-only clips.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2013 9:36 AM   in reply to Elliott B.

Did you move the clips?  Did you have them on an external drive that got assigned a new drive letter when you re-attached it?  Did you copy the entire folder structure from the card to your hard drive and then use Pr's Media Browser to import them?

Another consideration: check your new sequence presets.  Are they all there or are some missing?

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 9:58 AM   in reply to Elliott B.

I see this happen on occasion.  I'm always able to get things back to normal by opening an empty PP project.  From there I delete the Media Cache Database under Preferences>Media.  Then I close PP and delete the actual Media Cache files using Windows Explorer.

Upon reopening the project, the Cache files need to be rebuilt, but they all work after that.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 2:32 PM   in reply to Elliott B.

Seems to happen randomly on ocasion.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points