• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import mpg video into Premiere Pro CS6

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to import video taken with a Sony Handicam DCR SX63 I get a "There was an error decompressing audio or video". In searching this issue I find many people with the same issue but never a resolution. Is there one? That a novice could implement??

MPG format is clearly stated to be compatible. Copied directly from camera to computer via USB it plays just fine. Converting it to a different format (MP4) with DVDVideoSoft Free Studio I can import it into Premiere Pro and do my splicing / editing.

But.. my end result is not as clear (and files are much larger) so feel if I could use the original and stay in that format.. my results would be much better.

My project is very simple.. combine some clips, remove some bad footage and burn to a DVD.. any advice on alternate formats would be appreciated as well.

Thank you for your time

Ralph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This page http://store.sony.com/p/DCR-SX63/en/p/DCRSX63#specifications does not indicate anything odd about the video files

But, to be sure, use one of the programs below to gather more information, and post details

A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30

For PC http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en or http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

For Mac http://mediainspector.massanti.com/

Also, for this type of camera, read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1015001?tstart=0 on what you need to copy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time John.

Your last link deals with taking files off a SD card.. this is not my case but there is mention of renaming files creating a problem. So.. I re-download all my video from my camera using Windows Explore and copied the entire folder and root (Videos\MP_ROOT\101PNV01). My previous download using Windows Media.. did in fact rename the files. However I get the same error when trying to import with Premiere Pro.

In my previous searches for a solution I was pointed to your mediainfo applet.. running that on any of the newly downloaded video gives me this report: Open to more suggestions..

From MediaInfo:

General

CompleteName                     : D:\Videos\MP_ROOT\101PNV01\M2U00026.MPG

Format                           : MPEG-PS

FileSize/String                  : 77.7 MiB

Duration/String                  : 1mn 9s

OverallBitRate_Mode/String       : Variable

OverallBitRate/String            : 9 371 Kbps

Video

ID/String                        : 224 (0xE0)

Format                           : MPEG Video

Format_Version                   : Version 2

Format_Profile                   : Main@Main

Format_Settings_BVOP/String      : Yes

Format_Settings_Matrix/String    : Custom

Format_Settings_GOP              : M=3, N=15

BitRate_Mode/String              : Variable

BitRate/String                   : 8 929 Kbps

BitRate_Maximum/String           : 9 100 Kbps

Width/String                     : 720 pixels

Height/String                    : 480 pixels

DisplayAspectRatio/String        : 16:9

FrameRate/String                 : 29.970 fps

Standard                         : NTSC

ColorSpace                       : YUV

ChromaSubsampling                : 4:2:0

BitDepth/String                  : 8 bits

ScanType/String                  : Interlaced

ScanOrder/String                 : Top Field First

Compression_Mode/String          : Lossy

Bits-(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.862

TimeCode_FirstFrame              : 00:00:00:00

TimeCode_Source                  : Group of pictures header

StreamSize/String                : 74.0 MiB (95%)

Audio

ID/String                        : 189 (0xBD)-128 (0x80)

Format                           : AC-3

Format/Info                      : Audio Coding 3

Format_Settings_ModeExtension    : CM (complete main)

Format_Settings_Endianness       : Big

MuxingMode                       : DVD-Video

BitRate_Mode/String              : Constant

BitRate/String                   : 256 Kbps

Channel(s)/String                : 2 channels

ChannelPositions                 : Front: L R

SamplingRate/String              : 48.0 KHz

BitDepth/String                  : 16 bits

Compression_Mode/String          : Lossy

Video_Delay/String               : -70ms

StreamSize/String                : 2.12 MiB (3%)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post up a clip so we can test on other systems.

https://www.depositfiles.com/en/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.. not sure if I did it right.. I clicked on your depositfiles link and drug a small clip onto the space for uploading.. it went "someplace" M2U00045.MPG 7238KB

I appreciate your assistance in trying to resolve this.

Ralph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You now need to post the download link you got when uploading was completed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.. never realized you needed to click the"OK" to get the links

[URL=http://depositfiles.com/files/zkrs75czk]http://depositfil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, the clip came in fine with audio, so there's nothing wrong with the media itself or with PP's ability to handle it.  That means we look to what's wrong with your particular system that you get no sound.

Are you updated to 6.0.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that  pretty well isolates it to my system or installation.  No, my version is 6.0.0 (319) Could it be a conflict with some other Codec?.. I installed something from http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/installed_codec.html that shows an incredible (to me) 96 installed Codec.. Only 4 of which seem to have anything to do with Adobe.

Thanks for your time.. I expect the first thing to do would be to upgrade.. Should that be the only alternative you would recommend I am on the edge of doing a clean install of my system and probably put this off until I "start over"

Thanks again for proving one end of my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Codec packs are notorious for messing up a system.  However, what you installed seems to be more of a way to see what's already installed, rather than a way to install new codecs, so it may not be an issue.

Start by updating to 6.0.3 and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time on this issue Jim

Before I do an upgrade I want to play around with removing some of the Codec installed on my system and then do a clean install on everything. Not that it matters to this issue but on this "new" computer I messed up when I installed a lot of programs. I have a primary SSD that I intended to keep "only" for my operating system.. During the process of installing programs far too many went into the "C" drive (SSD). Now that I know what I did wrong it is my intention to redo it right and this PP problem is a good excuse to do it. But before I do I will mess around and see if there is a conflicting Codec issue.

Perhaps.. I can solve what is evidently, according to a simple search on Google of "There is an error Decompressing Audio  or Video", a significant problem. I would hope that PP decompressed a very common file format properly with the original version 6.0.0.. or that is the reason for the upgrade

Thank you again for your time

Ralph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During the process of installing programs far too many went into the "C" drive (SSD).

That's normal and best left alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not install PPro to anything other than your C drive... for whatever reason, the Adobe programers have created a program that does NOT work well when installed to any other drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both.. yes I am aware that PPro needs to be on "C"... and on my SSD it works very well. I just have a whole bunch of other programs that "also" like to be on C and plan to do some major housekeeping soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines