Skip navigation
splitfield
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop CS6 extended

Feb 23, 2013 4:02 AM

Help! I'm fairly new to Photoshop and I have no "Commit" button on the toolbar when making a selection. I've tried restting the tool but this didn't help. How can I get the toolbar to display all of the options? Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2013 4:22 AM   in reply to splitfield

The selection tools (which are found in the vertical Tools bar) do not have a commit button in the horizontal Options bar. What's the name of the tool or command that you're using when you think a Commit button is missing?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 5:15 AM   in reply to splitfield

Quick Selection does not have a Contiguous option. Magic Wand (on the same tool button flyout) does.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 5:30 AM   in reply to splitfield

splitfield wrote:

Thanks conroy. I've checked the magic wand and contiguous is there. But still no commit option on either

I already said that no selection tool has a "commit" option.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 5:31 AM   in reply to splitfield

splitfield wrote:

I'm using the quick selection  tool and can't see a way to commit the selection other than pasting it to a new layer using a menu command.

You'll need to explain what you mean by "commit the selection". I guess you have a pixel layer targeted and have marching ants on screen. What do you want to do now?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 6:16 AM   in reply to splitfield

There is no such action as "commiting a selection". Some tool other than a selection tool, or Free Transform mode, must be active for there to be a tick in the Options bar. You should be able to identify the tool by the icon at the left-hand end of the Options bar.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points