Skip navigation
Smoky Air Studios
Currently Being Moderated

SHAKING EDGES AND SOMETIMES GHOSTING WHEN EXPORTING VIDEO

Feb 23, 2013 3:31 AM

Tags: #annoying #video #premiere #elements #exporting #10 #edges #when #shaking

SETTINGS: I animate and capture through Helium Frog (a capture program on the computer) and its saved as an AVI. My Camera is a Sony Handycam HC38E and it captures in 720x575, and is DV PAL. My project settings are DV Pal widescreen, frame size 720x576 (It's changed to look like widescreen through interpret footage) and is pretty much the same in Camcorder and Project.

PROBLEM: Allright, when I edit, I kind of do it in checkpoints, so if I get all the footage and effects done, I'll export it so it's one file to make it easier. But when I put it back into the project to add everything else in, there seems to be tension and nervousness at the top and bottom, where it shudders black and original footage. It looks terrible obviously. I think youtube gets rid of the shuddering, but nevertheless it is a great bother. Sometimes I can get ghosting as well, however I unfortunately go through the trouble of deleting the new frames. These are great pains to me and it drives my crazy. I try zooming in to remove it, however you can catch glimpses sometimes and I also miss out of all the footage which I obviously do not want. I've tried saving it in different formats but it is always the same result. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thankyou

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2013 6:10 AM   in reply to Smoky Air Studios

Your camera is a mini dv with I-link

Buy yourself a firewire card and a firewire cable and capture with Elements.

Elements has a whole bunch of effect and ways to animate.

What does Helium Frog actually do?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 2:33 PM   in reply to Smoky Air Studios

If your laptop has a PCMCIA, or ExpressCard slot, you can add FW through that. However, more and more laptops are doing away with those particular slots, so that might not be an option for you.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 9:59 AM   in reply to Smoky Air Studios

Sorry. That is becoming all too common. I have been waiting for Clevo (laptop MoBo mfgr.) to make some changes, and bring a few things back, before I get my new ADK super-laptop. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for those changes to be implemented.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points