Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign 8 crashed with any installed plugin

Feb 23, 2013 2:56 AM

Hi, I just installed the plugin "Duden spelling" (German, version 9.0) on my Creative Cloud InDesign 8.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.8.2. I cannot start with InDesign any longer. Then I installed "MadeForLayers", another plugin: same procedure. After inactivate or uninstalling the plugins everything works fine. What is wrong?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2013 4:35 AM   in reply to TimBerlin

Sounds like the plugins are incompatible, or you installed them incorrectly. Someone here may have experience withthese plugins, but in general questions about third-party addons should be directed at the plugin developers.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 5:24 AM   in reply to TimBerlin

Nice attitude!

This is a user to user forum, not a direct line to Adobe or your plugin developer.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 5:54 AM   in reply to TimBerlin

There are hundreds of third-party plugins that work in InDesign 8. For all I know, the two you mention should also work, in which case there is a configuration problem on YOUR sytem, either an incorrect installation, or a conflict with something else. If ID works without the plugins, but not with, then the problem is someplace in that plugin or how it was installed, or it's interaction with some other software.

Adobe didn't make this plugin and can't fix it for you, nor, in all probablility, can any of us. Why don't you want to ask the plugin developer for help?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 6:08 AM   in reply to TimBerlin

A Google search turns up this page at Duden:

http://www.duden.de/support/haeufige-fragen/duden-Rechtschreibpruefung -9-adobe-indesign-incopy-cs4-cs6

Perhaps this page can be helpful.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points