Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Convert CMYK to RGB for MS Word?

Feb 23, 2013 9:18 AM

Greetings! I've designed a logo for a client using Illustrator CS6. There is the 4-color version in CMYK .eps as well as 1-color, 2-color, and KO versions. Everything looks and acts as it should and will no doubt be perfect for offset printing (my main area of experience). However, once delivered to the client they were anxious to put them into use and immediately dropped the 4-color version into a word document and made a pdf for email distribution. When I received it I had to groan, the colors had shifted to the obscene.

My guess is that what the client needs is a set of the logos that are converted to RGB. I'm also thinking that since the logos might be re-sized for various uses, keeping the art in the .eps format (as opposed to a raster format) makes sense. Is that true?

And,

Is there an easy way to convert the original CMYK eps files to RGB within Illustrator?

I'm wide open to suggestions for best practices regarding artwork for use in MS Office applications.

Thanks!

Tim

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2013 9:50 AM   in reply to tinsnip

File>Document Color Mode> RGB Color

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 11:42 AM   in reply to tinsnip

Since you're already familiar with a print workflow, your profiles are probably correct for this conversion. The only caveat would be how Word deals with color. I don't use Word, so I have no idea about that. Best practice would be to learn how your client is going to use the files you supply, and test each application.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 3:13 PM   in reply to tinsnip

You can also use the Save for Microsoft Office from the File menu.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points