Skip navigation
hobbssb
Currently Being Moderated

Default printing margins

Feb 23, 2013 8:55 AM

Tags: #printing #print_margins #printing_default

I'd like to change the default printing margins and image position. Currently the default is center. I'd like to change the default to 0.5" on the left and top.

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Feb 23, 2013 9:25 AM   in reply to hobbssb

Uncheck center image and then you can type in your own values for top and left margins.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 1, 2013 6:29 AM   in reply to hobbssb

I have spent a lot of (frustrating) time trying to sort this out and to research it.... Finally gave up and then... Eureka, I figured out a good solution...

Print the file (using what Elements gives you) as a PDF file... Once you have done this you can open it up in Word (or other software I am sure) and then play with margins to your heart's content....  I also found some other neat things in Word to help with frames, borders, etc.

Good luck

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Mar 1, 2013 6:51 AM   in reply to Steve G London

The other method to try is clicking the more options button in the Elements print dialog and choose the custom setting to make your own print size and margin settings.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 7:05 AM   in reply to 99jon

tried that.  in several iterations... couldn't get it to work... I am using a MAC with an HP printer......   the method I came up with worked well, even though it was a workaround.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Mar 1, 2013 7:10 AM   in reply to Steve G London

OK cool. On the mac you normally click the print button in Elements to get to the Mac OS print dialog. You can normally do page set up from there.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 8:03 AM   in reply to 99jon

thanks for the feedback.... I still find I am getting confused by the various options within elements and the way the MAC works with printers and software...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points